Amiga 500 PSU Tester - Amiga 500/500+/600/1200 Power Supply Tester, Measures Voltages, Currents, Ripple, OLED Digital Display
Amiga 500/500+/600/1200 power supply unit (PSU) automated tester. Forces a constant current from the power supply and measures voltage levels and ripple. Results are displayed in real time on a digital OLED display. The tester features an aluminum heat sink to perform long-term tests. Square DIN5 plug matching the original Amiga PSU pinout.
The Amiga PSU tester measures the primary +5V DC output voltage and ripple at a constant current of roughly 400mA...500mA. Secondary voltages (+12V DC, -12V DC) are measured at a lower current, typically 50...150mA. Measurement results are updated on a digital OLED display in real-time, allowing a live evaluation of the power quality.
The power supply tester has an aluminum heat-sink allowing to dissipate excessive power and perform long-term testing. It's designed to work both as a quick diagnostic tool, and for long-term stability tests.
- Power supply tester for Amiga 500, Amiga 500+, Amiga 600, Amiga 1200
- Forces a constant current from the 5V, 12V, and -12V DC PSU outputs
- Measures voltages, currents, and ripple
- Results displayed in real-time on digital OLED display
- Heat sink for dissipating power during long-term tests
- Plug and play easy usage, no setup required
- Square DIN5 plug with 5V DC, 12V DC, and -12V DC
Power supply failures are among the most common problems among retro Commodore systems. An Amiga PSU failure can lead to expensive repairs, or even render the entire system useless. This is specifically why this device was designed. It runs a thorough test, minimizing the risk of damage due to an ageing original Amiga power supply.