Amiga Recapping Service
Our Engineer has 30 Years Soldering Experience, Over 100 Amiga's Recapped in the Past 7 Years!
What is recapping?
As your Amiga ages the capacitors are be prone to capacitor leaking over time, remember these are 30+ years old so it’s a good preventative measure to replace the capacitors as once they leak they can eat through the copper circuitry and cause either permanent damage or an expensive repair job.
About Our Amiga Recapping Service
Work will be completed by a skilled engineer that has over 30 years of soldering experience and completed over 100 Amiga recaps in the past 7 years! Your machine is in very safe hands.
So what issues could be seen if your Amiga is not recapped?
• Sound problems
• Random rebooting
• Guru Errors
What we expect
Your mainboard has to be in working condition and has had no attempted recapping work done to it previously.
• A check of the board before recapping is started.
• Removal of existing capacitors (both SMD and radial capacitors).
• Cleanup and preparation of your board.
• Replace capacitors using Panasonic & Wurth branded replacements.
• Re-test (video, audio, drive port, harddrive boot, pcmcia)
• Price includes return postage of your recapped board to any UK address.
* No need to send your case, keyboard, power-supply, drive or mouse, Just your motherboard.
- Amiga capacitor replacement service
- All board revisions catered for.
- This is NOT a repair service.
How It Works
Ordering our re-capping service is easy.
1. Click below to see the buying options.
2. Make your payment using credit or debit card.
3. Check your email inbox for details and instructions on how to package your working motherboard and where and how to send it. (UK Mainland)
4. Send your board to us with your name/address and a copy of your receipt/address details.
5. Sit back, wait around 10 days and you should receive your working, recapped and tested Amiga back from our workshop.
'Recapping' is the precision job of replacing the capacitors, which are often not the best quality on some Amigas. Not only can they affect the use of the computer, but if left unchecked, the leaking capacitors can damage the circuit board possibly causing serious issues.
We offer a professional recapping service for most Amigas, with all parts held in stock.
We’ll fully test your machine first to make sure there are no hidden faults that aren’t attributable to the capacitors. We’ll fit only premium brand electrolytic capacitors like Panasonic and Wurth, these will be the same specification as the Commodore factory used – just a much higher quality, and brand new!
We’ll always advise you if there are other undiagnosed faults we find that need attention – we won't simply recap and return.
All capacitor or repair work carries a 90 day warranty.
This is not a 'repair' service and as such if a repair is needed, We’ll always discuss this with you before commencing any extra work.
Amiga re-cap service
Recap your A1200
Amiga A600 re-capped
Amiga re-cap service
Please note: This is not a repair service... Your Amiga should be in working order and not had any previous attempt of re-capping done. Should you send in a non working or faulty motherboard, we'll discuss with you options for repair and/or the return of your motherboard (£12 handling fee may apply).