PRGress SD Card Reader, commonly referred to as TAPECART for Commodore 64 - Faster than Tapuino, SD2IEC, PI1541 C64
PRGress Loader is similar to TAPuino but it doesn't load TAP files, It loads PRG & TCRT files instead, at incredibly fast speeds!
- No small screen, no tiny buttons, No additional Power required... Just Plug'n'Play
You use the built in browser to easily find what you want. Just plug in and PRGress is ready to go, hit SHIFT/RUN-STOP and PRGress's Easy access Tapecart SD menu appears, choose the game you want and hit enter!
The package includes:
- PRGress MicroSD reader unit, commonly known as TAPECART
- Preformatted 8GB, ready to use Micro SD Card (minimum 8gb card supplied)
- Quick start guide
TAPECART Production Notes
- Hardware is the slimmed down Tapuino by sweetlilmre.
- Software is the Tapecart by Unseen and Enthusi.
- Tapecart SD is a fork of tapecart that adds SD card support using the Tapuino by KimJorgensen.
- DraBrowse by Draco.
This is a simple, easy to use and super-quick SD card reader for Commodore 64.
It can only read single load .PRG files which covers majority of the C64 software aswell as TCRT files.
Commodore 64 SD Card Reader with 8GB SD Card (TAPECART)
Can I convert D64 files into PRG files?
D64 files are Disk images and PRG files are individual programs, however the very nifty d64 Editor will extract all prg files from a disk image so you can use them with the PRGress: See www.d64editor.com
Does it work with PET,VIC20,C16,C Plus 4,C128?
It works with the Commodore 64 only.
Does it support disk images like D64, D71, D81?
This device is not a floppy drive emulator. It does not support any disk images. You can extract the PRG files from disk images using the program called DirMaster or similar.
We offer no support for these 3rd party applications.